Interface Technologies develops and delivers training classes that help design specialists and engineers maximize the benefits of using ICAP/4 Windows.
Interface Technologies’ classes are designed to provide the following benefits :
- Minimize the time to learn ICAP/4 Windows
- Highlight and explain commonly used product features
- Explanation of menus and control options
- Provide a hands-on, interactive training experience
- Suggest a methodology that provides predictable, successful results
- Provide a learning experience that amplifies the benefits of using simulation software
ICAP/4 Windows Training 2 Day Class Content
- SpiceNet Schematic Capture
- Overview of menus, icons
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Panning and Zooming
- Flat Designs
- Hierarchical Designs
- Wires, Busses and Ports
- Labeling Parts and Changing Values
- Changing Symbol Attributes
- Schematic Layers and Their Uses
- Creating and editing symbols
- Displaying of Operating Point Voltages
- Symbol Libraries and Symbol Creation
- Downloading Models from the Internet
- Attaching Symbols to Simulation Models
- Intusoft ICAP/4 simulation
- Overview of IsSpice analysis
- DC operating point
- AC sweep
- Transient Analysis
- Waveform displays
- Automatic measurements
- Parametric Sweeping
- Monte Carlo
- Worst Case Analysis
- Digital Simulation
- Mixed Signal Simulation
- Simulation Libraries
- Understanding Spice Models
- Creating new parameters for existing models
- Creating new models
The standard class is 2 days long.
There is an optional 3rd/4th day, which has a flexible format. We have a selection of material that we generated by customer request over the years. Once the introductory 2 day class is given, we can custom configure modules from the list below and present them to your engineers. The material extends the training from the Introduction class, and assumes that the students already grasp the fundamentals of the software. The length of time required to present the materials and do the labs varies by subject, and it’s best to have a phone discussion to determine what the proper amount of time is required to cover the desired subjects.
Popular Subject matter for optional 3rd/4rth day Content
- Hands-on Customer Application Students bring one or two projects that they are working on. Parts of the design will be entered, simulated, and analyzed. As problems or issues arise, the instructor will provide assistance related to modeling, spice problems, and the most productive approach to using simulation as a tool to assist the student.
- Power Supply Modeling and Simulation Many users of ICAP/4 Windows are doing Power Supply Design. This extra day is devoted to issues and techniques of using ICAP/4 Windows for the design of power supplies. Some of the subjects included are PWM controller models, Transformer modeling, overcoming convergence errors, and how to use some of the more advanced simulator options to maximize the amount of results generated. Example topologies are provided for a hands-on lab, with ready to simulate designs.
- Introduction to Modeling In one day, we cover approaches to adding parasitics to you passive components, assigning tolerances, assymetrical and user definable tolerance distributions, temperature effects, modeling transformers, generating a custom user library with symbols, and applying these techniques to your designs.
- Any of the subjects listed on the PSpice Master’s Class page
2020 Schedule for ICAP/4 Windows Training
Classes are held quarterly throughout the United States. The cost for the two day Introduction to ICAP/4 Windows class is $1795/student, and includes the two days of training, lunch each day, an evaluation copy of the ICAP/4 Windows software, and a certificate of achievement.
|Intro to ICAP/4 Windows||Jun 10-11 2020||Chicago IL area|
|Intro to ICAP/4 Windows||Aug 4-5 2020||Houston, TX area|
|Intro to ICAP/4 Windows||Oct 13-14 2020||Salt Lake City, UT area|
|Intro to ICAP/4 Windows||Flexible||Onsite - Your Location|
or contact Dan Waterloo to discuss your requirements.
tel: +1 (708) 366-4411